Effective as of April 1, 2023
Foody provides a Platform that facilities connections between creators (“Creators”) and customers (“Customers”). Creators can post recipe content to the Platform, and Customers can search for and access the recipe content. Foody may provide additional or supplemental privacy policies to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect personal information.
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Platform or may otherwise include:
• Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, billing and mailing addresses, and phone number.
• Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an account with us in connection with the Platform, and other information that you add to your account profile, including your birthdate, gender, location, dietary preferences and basic household information.
• Platform data, which includes information and recipe content that our Creators upload to or through the Platform, or any comments Creators and/or Customers post or share in connection with the Platform.
• Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Platform, social media, or otherwise.
• Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete transactions on or through the Platform.
• Payment and payment acceptance information needed to complete transactions if you are a Customer, including payment card information or bank account number, or any information required by our payment processor if you are a Creator accepting payment through the Platform.
• Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
• User-generated content, such as comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Platform, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
• Public sources, such as public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
• Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.
• Our affiliate partners, such as our affiliate network provider and publishers, influencers, and promoters who participate in our paid affiliate programs.
• Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
If you choose to login to the Platform via a third-party platform or social media network, or otherwise connect your account on the third-party platform or network to your account through the Platform, we may collect information from that third-party platform or network. For example, this information may include your Facebook username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, and networks to which you belong. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via the third-party platform or network, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Platform, our communications and other online services, such as:
• Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
• Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed on our Platform, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to our website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access to our Platform, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
• Location data, such as your city and state when you authorize the Platform to access your device’s location.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we may use the following technologies:
• Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating analytics and online advertising.
• Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
• Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Data about others. Users of the Platform may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Platform delivery. We may use your personal information to:
• provide, operate and improve the Platform and our business;
• establish and maintain your user profile on the Platform;
• enable security features of the Platform, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
• communicate with you about the Platform, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Platform and our communications; and
• provide support for the Platform, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Platform and our business.
Marketing and Advertising. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
• Direct marketing. We may send you Foody-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
• comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
• protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
• audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
• enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Platform; and
• prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Platform and promote our business.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Platform or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and marketing).
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Third parties designated by you. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent to do so. We will share personal information that is needed for these other companies to provide the services that you have requested.
Business and marketing partners. Third parties with whom we collaborate on joint activities, with whom we have entered into joint marketing relationships or other joint ventures, or who we think may offer you products or services that you may enjoy.
Third-party platforms and social media networks. If you have enabled features or functionality that connect the Platform to a third-party platform or social media network (such as by logging in to the Platform using your account with Facebook or Google, providing your API key or similar access token for the Platform to a third party, or otherwise linking your account with the Platform to a third party’s services), we may disclose the personal information that you authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Other users and the public. Your profile and other user-generated content (e.g., recipe content) are/may be visible to other users of the Platform and the public. For example, other users of the Platform or the public may have access to your information if you chose to make your profile or other personal information available to them through the Platform, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or share other content. This information can be seen, collected and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines), and we are not responsible for any such use of information.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Foody or our current and/or future affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us through the Platform, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive Platform-related and other non-marketing emails.
If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our marketing message.
Delete your Account & Information. You may request that Foody delete your account and all information connected to it by emailing out team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within 30 days we will delete your account and remove all information from our servers. Users who delete their accounts will have no access to purchased content on the platform.
Location data. You can disable our access to your device’s location in your device settings.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
• Browser settings. Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings.
• Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
• Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
o Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
o Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
• Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
o Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
o Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
o AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
• Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked to above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Platform through your social media account or other third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Close your account. If you wish to request to close your account, please contact us.
Other sites and services
The Platform may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Platform is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Platform from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
How to contact us
• Email: email@example.com
• Mail: 450 Townsend Street, San Francisco CA 94107
• Phone: +1 (415) 213-2759